Enjoy studying with me Online – Specialisation in WordPress
About this Course
This course is for anybody looking for a career building WordPress websites or themes, or even hobbyists looking to learn a new skill.
We begin the course by getting familiar with WordPress and looking at how to install using a localhost.
Beginning with a music festival landing page, where you will get to grips with the new Gutenberg editor. We also look at widgets, adding pages, installing themes and the media library.
We then look at the WordPress essentials such as blog posts, pages, navigation menus and installing themes, all while building your very own blog website.
Once we have the basics covered, we move onto customising our blog using sliders, widgets, header images and working with the customiser. You will also get the chance to optimise your website for search engines and create backups.
The third project takes your WordPress knowledge even further. We create a fully functional eCommerce T-Shirt store. More techniques are introduced throughout this project such as dealing with products, categories, shipping, taxes, all while building a beautiful, custom website.
After completing the first 2 projects, we move things on even further by introducing you to WordPress Divi layouts designing by converting an existing PSD design website to a fully functional WordPress Divi layouts. This section involves in DIVI or Elementor builder.
This project introduces new techniques and you will gain a deeper knowledge of how WordPress DIVI or Elementor layouts are created. You will learn how WordPress templates are used and learn about various WordPress functions to design our layouts.
Finally, the last section will be focused on useful techniques to add to your WordPress knowledge. Here we will cover exporting your localhost websites to a live server, various plugins etc.
All images and files etc you will need is included to download, there is also need no extra software, subscriptions or purchases etc to complete or take this course.
So are you ready to take your web design or WordPress skills to the next level?
Join me now and I look forward to having you on board!
We will build 3 sites together:
- A portfolio website.
- A blog website.
- A eCommerce website.
Learner Career Outcomes
Who am I?
Syllabus – What you will learn from this course
- Why WordPress?
- WordPress.org or WordPress.com?
- Where To Find WordPress Themes
- The WordPress Web Server
- Option1: Installing With Local (recommended)
- Option 2: Installing With XAMP
- The WordPress Dashboard
- Portfolio Website Project: What we will be building
- Portfolio Website Project: Installing Themes
- Portfolio Website Project: Creating Our First Page
- Portfolio Website Project: The Media Library
- Portfolio Website Project: The Gutenberg Editor
- Portfolio Website Project: Widgets
- What we will be building
- WordPress Blog: Project Setup
- WordPress Blog: Adding And Updating Posts
- WordPress Blog: Where To Find Great Photos For Your Blog Posts
- WordPress Blog: Including Media
- WordPress Blog: Users, Permissions & Managing Comments
- WordPress Blog: Adding Pages
- WordPress Blog: Adding Our Navigation Menu
- WordPress Blog: The Customizer In More Detail
- WordPress Blog: Adding Header Images
- WordPress Blog: Adding a Background Image
- WordPress Blog: Plugins & Social Media Integration
- WordPress Blog: Home Page Setup & Widgets
- WordPress Blog: Creating The Footer
- WordPress Blog: Adding a Slider
- WordPress Blog: Creating The Contact Form
- WordPress Blog: Improving SEO
- WordPress Blog: Backing Up Your Site
- WordPress eCommerce: Project Setup
- WordPress eCommerce: Getting Started With WooCommerce
- WordPress eCommerce: Product Categories, Tags & Attributes
- WordPress eCommerce: Adding Products
- WordPress eCommerce: Variable Products
- WordPress eCommerce: Home Page Layout & Slider
- WordPress eCommerce: Customising The Look Of Our Store
- WordPress eCommerce: Flexible Layouts Using Page Builder (Divi or Elementor)
- WordPress eCommerce: Rearranging Menus
- WordPress eCommerce: The Footer Area
- WordPress eCommerce: WooCommerce Settings & Managing Your Store
- Divi / Elementor Builder: Introduction
- Divi / Elementor Builder: Setup
- Divi / Elementor Builder: Berif about module or components
- Divi / Elementor Builder: Design Customization
- Divi / Elementor Builder: Convert PSD to Layout
- WordPress Multisite: Intro
- WordPress Multisite: What is a multisite?
- WordPress Multisite: Activating a WordPress network
- WordPress Multisite: Adding sites to a network
- WordPress Multisite: Users & the super admin
- WordPress Multisite: Plugins & themes
- WordPress Multisite: Allowing users to add websites to the network
- Bonus Lectures: Uploading to a live server
- Bonus Lectures: Essential plugins